Pink Calla Lily - A Guide to Pink Calla Lilies
Pink calla lilies are magnificent flowers, so there is no wonder that they are known for impersonating “magnificent beauty”. Often used for bridal bouquets, pink calla lilies can be found in various shades, from pale pink to powerful cerise and crimson shades. Also, the pale pink calla lilies are generally known to be used in ceremonials for children, such as baptisms, as they are considered to be holy flowers.
Pink Calla Lily Description
- Family: Araceae
- Origin: The pink calla lily originates in South America. The calla lily is not actually nor a calla, nor a lily. The word “calla” means “beautiful” in Greek.
- Sun exposure: Pink calla lilies needs lots of sunlight.
- Height: Pink calla lily grows from 12 to 34 inches tall.
- Soil: Pink calla lilies require a warm, moist soil.
- Leaves: Pink calla lily leaves are long and rise from the bottom of the stems.
- Blooming time: Pink calla lilies bloom from late spring to early summer.
- Maintenance: Pink calla lilies should be planted deep in the grown (at approximately 4 inches) due to their height and about 12 inches apart from one another. They can be seeded indoors if the weather outside is too cold and be transplanted in the gardens in spring.
- Propagation method: Pink calla lilies can be propagated through seeds, by division in early spring and by basil cuttings in the summer.
Pink Calla Lily Species
Pink calla lilies derive from various wild African calla lilies species. Therefore, there are the Zantedeschia albomaculata, which is pale pink, almost white in color, Zantedeschia rehmanni, that have leaves in the shape of swords or the Zantedeschia pentlandii which has unusually big blossoms.
Pink Calla Lily Meaning
Pink calla lilies are a symbol of grace and gentility. They are delicate flowers that take you in a land of pure innocence and happiness. Pink calla lilies spread joy and youth and with their trumpet shaped blooms announce delight and magnificent beauty.
Pink Calla Lilies Arrangements
Pink calla lilies arrangements are perfect for corsages, boutonnieres or just simply placed in a slim vase
for the enlightenment of your home. The traditional pink calla lily arrangement consists of pink calla lilies
that are placed in a vase, having twice the size of the container.
Pink calla lilies may be mixed with light pink or white roses, if you want your arrangement to have a sweet, delicate look. Also, they can be mixed with pink Lisianthus. For a more daring pink calla lily arrangement, combine the sweet pink shades of the calla lilies with violet or yellow and lots of greenery.
Pink Calla Lily Bouquets
Teardrop, hand-tied, cascade, round – no matter the shape of the pink calla lily bouquet, it will always
look astonishingly beautiful.
However, for a round pink calla lily bouquet, for a daring bride, try using deep pink mini calla lilies with deep orange roses, deep pink roses, orange tulips and purple hydrangea. And the result will be completely breathtaking. Or, for a more divine bridal pink calla lily bouquet look, mix pink calla lilies with shades of purple in the shape of pink and lavender dutch tulips, tied up with a pink or a purple silk ribbon or a bow.
Pink Calla Lilies in Gardens
When grown in gardens, pink calla lilies should be planted in sunny places. The soil in which they are placed
should be well drained and rich. During their development period, make sure you supply them with nutrients and
provide them plenty of water, as they are quite the thirsty flowers.
Pink calla lilies should be placed near a white rose flowerbed, or near hot pink carnations. Either way, your flowers will have a very divine, exotic look.
In order to keep pink calla lilies fresh, the first thing you should know is that they do not like warm places.
So, keep them away from TV sets, refrigerators, AC appliances. Also, pink calla lilies are poisonous flowers,
so keep them away from children or pets.
Pink calla lilies are one of a kind. Joyful, happy and delicate, pink calla lilies have a sort of beauty that captures even the most insensitive eye. Pinkish or crimson in color, pink calla lilies make their presence known in every room they are set in as they spread their grace in a very tactful manner!