Purple Rose - A Guide to Purple Roses
Purple roses are your choice of flowers for any romantic event. Soft and beautiful, purple roses have a deep meaning of love and thus, are very appreciated flowers. Purple roses may be found in shades of lavender, lilac, violet, eggplant, plum, mauve, rich amethyst, wine, pomegranate, mulberry, puce and thistle but no matter the shade, the glow and sparkle is the same, and it is a radiant one!
Purple Rose Description
- Family: Rosaceae
- Origin: Purple roses are as old as dinosaurs. Some of the first appearances of purple roses were on the hills of the Greek island, Crete and drawings of purple roses were discovered in the Egyptian tombs. The word rose, however, comes from the Latin and old French, rosa.
- Sun exposure: Purple roses require full sun everyday in order to grow strong and powerful.
- Height: Purple roses grow up to 4 feet tall.
- Soil: Purple rose soil should be loose, well-drained and rich in organic material, mostly phosphate.
- Leaves: Purple roses' leaves are oval, pinnate leaves. They are evergreen and they have serrated margins.
- Blooming time: Purple roses bloom three times in June.
- Maintenance: Remove dead blooms from your purple rose bush if you want them to bloom continuously. Also, spray your purple roses so that they will be protected from bug attacks or diseases.
- Propagation method: Purple roses may be propagated from seeds, from stem cuttings, by division, layering, budding, grafting, hybridizing, micro-propagation or planting bare root purple roses.
Purple Rose Species
There are tons of sorts of roses out there, in your garden, in the wild, for you to enjoy and cherish. Here are some of the most beautiful purple rose species: Fragrant Plum, Angel Face, Burgundy Iceburg, Wild Blue Yonder, Ebb's Tide, Della Reese, Purple Tiger, Louis XIV, the Prospero, the Prince, Charles de Gaulle, Cardinal de Richelieu , Lavender Lassie, Reine des Violettes, Excellenz Von Schubert, Lavender Pinocchio, Florence Delattre, Heirloom, Midnight Blue.
Purple Rose Meaning
Purple roses represent everlasting love. They are a symbol of style, majesty and enchantment. Purple
roses may also symbolize love at first sight and thus, the beginning of a new love.
Purple roses symbolize, due to their color shade, royalty. They are majestic flowers, beautiful, rich and chic.
Purple Roses Arrangements
Purple roses arrangements are ideal for ceremonies. They are very tasteful flowers that will provide
any room refinement and elegance.
Purple roses arrangements are great for weddings as well. They can be mixed with white roses, white callas, lilies or carnations. Purple roses go exquisite with other shades of blue or pink as well. Yellow can be another choice for creating a wonderful contrast.
Tulips may be another option for your purple rose arrangement, as they are both very elegant flowers.
Purple rose arrangements may be used for sympathy as well, as they are soft looking and sorrow expressing through color.
Purple Rose Bouquets
Purple rose bouquets are seen quite often in the hands of young brides. Round, hand-tied or posey, you
name it, chic brides have purple rose bouquets! For creating an even more wonderful image, purple roses
are mixed with white snapdragons or gladiolas.
Purple rose bouquets are appreciated and they sure can make an appearance. Just try mixing them with yellow freesia, and you will cheer up every face!
Purple Roses in Gardens
Purple roses should be planted in sunny places, away from any shade. They should be planted in a rich,
organic soil and very well-drained. Water your purple roses, not everyday, but when you do, give them
Plant your purple rose bushes near white ones or near yellow freesia or near a purple orchid, the view will be lovely!
When cut, purple roses should be kept away from any heating source. If you want to use them for an
arrangement, keep them the night before the event in the refrigerator. This will help them stay fresh.
Cut their stems every two days, keep them in fresh water and you shall have no problems keeping your purple roses fresh.
Purple roses are used for various occasions, funerals, weddings, Valentine’s Day, birthdays and anniversaries. They are enchanting flowers, quite rare if you think you will see them in every or any garden, but stunning and spectacular!